Ten Reasons to be a Cosmetologist
There are many reasons to become a cosmetologist. It’s a fun and fast-paced career. The following are reasons to help you decide on a career in cosmetology.
- The work and styles are always changing. There are always new ways to cut and style someone’s hair. This requires constant concentration and adaptability. It is also exciting as your work never becomes boring.
- Your clients are always changing. Every day brings a new face into your chair. It generally takes six weeks before a women is ready for another haircut, meanwhile there are many more faces for you to meet and get to know so they themselves will become regulars and have you continue caring for their hair.
- You get to work around people every day. If you are a people person this is a perfect job for you. Often you become counselors and secret holders for your clients. If your enjoy talking to people and building relationships than a career in cosmetology is right for you.
- There is always room for advancement. Often cosmetologists can manage a shop or become shop owners themselves.
- You set your own rates. The prices you charge and the specific services you render are completely up to you. You are in charge of how much income you make.
- This is a career that is very active. You are on your feet all day and using your hands and arms so you burn calories and build muscle. This is great if you prefer a job that keeps you moving rather than a desk job.
- You will remain on the cutting edge of fashion. There are always hair shows at various cities around the country that will allow you to keep up with the popular hair styles and fashionable trendy looks as well as trendy techniques. This will benefit your business greatly.
- There are opportunities for business travel. Hair shows are an excellent opportunity for business travel to fun locations. Mix a little pleasure by taking the family with you. After you have learned and practiced the newest techniques at the show you can play with your family.
- You set your own schedule. If you only want to work part time that is an option. If you only want to work morning or afternoons this is also an option and there will also be clients that come to you specifically because of your hours.
- You can be creative. There are always clients, who come in requesting a new look but want your creative advice about what to do. You will then be able to look at the person and decide on a style that would look good on them. This can be fun and exciting and generally leads to very happy clients.
Cosmetology is a fun and exciting career. It requires you to complete an education at a Career College and become licensed. It can be very rewarding though. So if you think you can do it, it’s worth exploring. There are many schools that offer cosmetology courses. To see these and others, visit the Cosmetology Schools directory today.